Horspath Village Hall – Terms & Conditions of Hire (updated July 2010)
E-mail: email@example.com Web:
Registered charity number: 1105679
The Horspath Village Hall, and other facilities at the Horspath Recreation Ground site, are let on the basis of "left as found". Hirers are expected to respect these Terms and Conditions, collect and leave keys as required and leave the facility in a clean and tidy condition ready for the next hirer. We reserve the right not to accept bookings for birthday parties for 21's and under
We ask that you read these Terms and Conditions of hire before making your booking, and sign the booking form to indicate that you have done so.
- The hiring prices are reviewed annually, and prices charged will be those in force at the time of the let, regardless of when the booking was made. Full payment for the Hire must be made 28 days before the event or the booking will be cancelled. Short notice bookings less than 28 days before the event will require full payment at the time of booking. Cancellation by the Hirer within 28 days of the event will incur a charge of 50% of the total hire cost.
- Payment of a booking deposit may be required, and all bookings in excess of £125 will require a booking deposit AND security deposit. Booking deposits are deducted from the final hire payment, when made, security deposits (equivalent to the value of the rental) are refundable on satisfactory inspection of cleanliness of the Hall, grounds and contents after the hire. At the Village Hall Secretary's discretion, the deposit may be increased for certain events.
- The period of hire, and the area hired, is indicated on the booking confirmation. Provided that payment of the hire charge and security deposit have been received, the keys will be left for collection as directed at the time. The facility must be vacated at the end of the period.
- At the end of the hire the external Hall doors and, if appropriate, the gate to the overflow car park, must be locked and the keys returned as directed. Please ensure that all lights are switched off, and all doors and windows are securely closed when you lock up the Hall and return keys as advised. This is a residential area, and we would ask you to be as quiet as possible when leaving the Hall, especially if it is late at night.
- The Hirer is responsible for any damage or loss to the Hall & grounds during the hire period, and for the Hall & grounds being left in a reasonably clean condition ready for the next hirer. If the Hall & grounds are left in an unsatisfactory state, or if there is loss or damage, the security deposit will be forfeit in whole or part. In extreme cases any additional costs for cleaning, repairs or loss replacement may be levied on the Hirer.
- All main Village Hall bookings include use of the kitchen and contents, however cooker, fridge, crockery, worktops etc. must be left clean. Floors to all areas must be swept and tidied after use (mops and brooms are in the cupboard in the main Hall kitchen). Toilets and sinks must be left clean and tidy as found.
- Tables and chairs must not be removed from the Village Hall for use outside. At the end of the let, the main Hall tables must be returned to the rack in the corner of the Hall in a clean condition, and chairs stacked along the stage or in the corners of the Hall. All fire access areas must remain clear at all times. Morgan Room tables and chairs to be left as found.
- Rubbish must be bagged and placed in the ‘Grundon’ wheelie bin in the car park. Any broken glass must be wrapped before disposal. No liquids to be emptied in the bins.
- Please do not park cars in such a way that they block the gated access to the overflow car park and Recreation Ground.
- The Hirer must nominate a competent person to take charge in case of Fire, to ensure that all persons at the Hall can escape unimpeded through the Fire Exits and to assemble in the car park or other nominated assembly area. Improper operation of the Fire Alarm or extinguishers will result in the automatic loss of the security deposit. Fire Doors MUST remain unobstructed during a let.
- Consumption of Alcohol. The Village Hall has a licensed bar which may be opened for events for an extra charge (subject to agreement). The sale of alcohol at the Village Hall, or Recreation Ground outside of the control of the licensed bar, is strictly forbidden unless a temporary license is obtained with the permission of the Village Hall Charity.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere within the Village Hall building.
- The children’s play area(s) adjacent to the Village Hall are not for hire or exclusive use and may only be used, by hirers, as a children’s play area.
- No animals, other than guide dogs, are permitted within the Village Hall building and children’s play area(s).
- Decorations such as balloons and streamers may only be attached by string to door and curtain fixtures. Please do not use pins or adhesive tape on the walls or paintwork.
- Bringing Fireworks into, or the ignition of Fireworks in the Hall buildings or the recreation ground, is expressly forbidden.
- A Hearing Loop is available for use by prior arrangement.
The Management Committee reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time at their discretion. We thank you for your co-operation and hope that you enjoy the use of our Village Hall. If you have, please tell others; if you have not, please tell us.
Horspath Village Hall, Oxford Road, Horspath, Oxfordshire OX33 1RT