Horspath Village Hall - Terms and Conditions of Hire
Chair: Angela Julian
Telephone: 07891 633692/01865 872162
E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.horspath.org.uk/villagehall
Registered charity number: 1105679
Horspath Village Hall and its surrounding area, the Recreation Ground, is managed by a Charitable Trust and is funded by income from users and supported by Horspath Parish Council. The hall, rooms and other facilities at the Recreation Ground are let on the basis of "left as found". Hirers are expected to look after the facilities, collect and leave keys as required and leave the facility in a clean and tidy condition ready for the next hirer. We do not accept bookings for 18th or 21st birthday parties.
Should you require special arrangements requiring use beyond these terms and conditions or for a special or unusual purpose please discuss with the Letting Secretary on: firstname.lastname@example.org
We ask that you read and understand these Terms and Conditions of Hire before making your booking. The Terms and Conditions were last updated in February 2017.
1. The price of letting is reviewed annually and prices charged will be those in force at the time of the let regardless of when the booking was made.
2. Bookings are secured by payment of a deposit for each let and all bookings are provisional until a deposit is received. Deposits are refundable on satisfactory inspection of cleanliness of the Hall, grounds and contents after the let. At the Letting Secretary's discretion, the deposit may be increased for certain events.
3. Full payment for the Hire must be made 28 days before the event or the booking will be cancelled. Short notice bookings less than 28 days before the event will require full payment at the time of booking. Cancellation by the Hirer within 28 days of the event will incur a charge of 50% of the deposit.
4. The period of hire and the area hired is indicated on the booking confirmation. The facility must be vacated and left clean and ready for use by the next hirer at the end of the period.
5. The children's play area adjacent to the village hall is not for hire or exclusive use and may only be used by hirers as a children's area.
6. The Hirer is responsible for any damage or loss to the Hall & grounds during the hire period, and for the Hall & grounds being left in a reasonably clean condition ready for the next hirer. If the Hall & grounds are left in an unsatisfactory state, or if there is loss or damage, the booking deposit will be forfeit. In extreme cases any additional costs for cleaning, repairs or loss replacement may be levied on the Hirer.
7. Provided that payment of the hire charge and deposit have been received the keys will be left for collection as directed at the time. At the end of the hire the hall doors and if appropriate the gate to the overflow car park, must be locked and the keys returned as directed.
8. All main village hall bookings include use of the kitchen and contents, however cooker, fridge, crockery, worktops etc. must be left clean. Floors to all areas must be swept and tidied after use. Mops and brooms are in the cupboard in the main hall kitchen. Toilets and sinks must be left clean and tidy as found.
9. Tables and chairs must not be removed from the Village Hall or Morgan Room for use outside.
10. At the end of the let the main hall tables must be returned to the rack in the corner of the hall in a clean condition, and chairs stacked along the stage. Any remaining chairs to be stacked in the corners of the hall. Morgan Room tables and chairs to be left as found.
11. Rubbish must be bagged and placed in the wheelie bin in the car park. Any broken glass must be wrapped before disposal. No liquids to be emptied in the bins.
12. Any equipment used must be returned to its proper storage space after use
13. Decorations such as balloons and streamers may only be attached by string to door and curtain fixtures. Please do not use pins or adhesive tape on the walls or paintwork.
14. The Hirer must nominate a competent person to take charge in case of Fire, to ensure that all persons at the Hall can escape unimpeded through the Fire Exits and to assemble in the car park or other nominated assembly area. Improper operation of the Fire Alarm or extinguishers will result in the automatic loss of the deposit. Fire Doors MUST remain unobstructed during a let.
15. Fireworks. Bringing Fireworks into, or the ignition of Fireworks in the hall buildings or the recreation ground, is expressly forbidden.
16. No smoking is permitted anywhere within the village hall building.
17. No animals, other than guide dogs, are permitted within the village hall building and children's play area.
18. Consumption of Alcohol. The Village Hall has a licenced bar which may be opened for events for an extra charge (subject to agreement with Horspath Village Sports Association who operate the bar). The sale of alcohol at the Village Hall or recreation ground outside of the control of the licensed bar is strictly forbidden unless a temporary license is obtained with the permission of the Village Hall Charity.
19. A Hearing Loop is available for use by prior arrangement. .
20. Please ensure that all lights are switched off, and all doors and windows are securely closed when you lock up the Hall and return keys as advised.
21. If using the overflow car park close and lock the gates on completion of the let. In respect of those who live in the proximity of the Hall, please be as quiet as possible when leaving the Hall, especially if it is late at night.
22. Please do not park cars in such a way that they block the gated access to the overflow car park and Recreation Ground.
23. The Management Committee endeavour to provide a Hall that is clean and tidy for all users and at a reasonable price. In order to do this, the Terms & Conditions set out above must be adhered to by all who use the Hall. Any Hirer who does not abide by them will incur, by way of the loss of all or part of their deposit, extra charges for cleaning or tidying of the Hall and grounds.
24. The Management Committee reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time at their discretion.
25. We thank you for your co-operation and hope that you enjoy the use of our Village Hall. If you have, please tell others; if you have not, please tell us.
Horspath Village Hall, Oxford Road, Horspath, Oxfordshire OX33 1RT